I hate SC. It is the absolute worse, and I have NO idea why I am terrible at it. I missed two easy ones right off the bat (which really hurts the final score). In fact, I missed 4 out of the first 10 questions. If I had gotten them correct, I would have definitely gotten over a 700.
What mistakes did I make?
- “Such as VS like” – Okay, this is an easy one. If you are using examples use “such as” and if you are describing use “like”
- Parallelism – Make sure series are using the same tense or part of speech (verb, noun, etc)
- Parallelism – Another parallelism mistakes????
- Redundancy – This one is a little tougher… make sure the sentence you choose isn’t reusing phrases etc. (that it truly is the best answer choice)
- Redundancy – Again????? Wow… I got to brush up….
I will continue to use The Economist’s GMAT Tutor (I have to get to 90% to take advantage of the Score Guarantee!), Magoosh’s test bank, and I will start working my way through Manhattan’s Sentence Correction. Yay.
Who are we kidding? Did we really think getting into a top B-School would be easy?!?!?!?!
I’m going to take you down SC!
If you liked this post, make sure to subscribe on my main page and follow me on twitter @GrantMeAdmissio
Other Posts you may be interested in:
- My Journey to 760 (Part 2) – My First Practice Test
- My Journey to 760 (Part 1)
- My Plan to Retake My 710 GMAT